American Heirloom Appraisers
Walk-in Verbal Approximation of Value
- For only $35.00 per item, you may bring your item(s) to the American Antique Mall, located at 3130 E. Grant Road (@ Country Club), and we will give you our opinion of the fair market value based on our 30 + years experience in the antique/appraisal business.
- This service typically takes 10 – 15 minutes and is conducted on-site at our location. We conduct our research and then meet with you with our conclusions.
- This service may or may not include on-the-spot internet research or research utilizing our paid subscription internet data bases and is only a verbal conveyance of our opinion of value.
- You will receive a receipt with abbreviated information for our service.
- An appointment is not necessary, but usually mid-week between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. is best for us.
* Please note that if we are busy with other store customers upon your arrival, we will give you our attention as soon as possible.
An appraisal is the act or process of determining value, estimating cost, or determining present worth earnings. Appraisals are opinions based on informed judgement, supported by facts using specific methodologies. The same item may have different appraised values depending on how you intend to use the appraisal. For instance, a value of an item for insurance may be very different than the value of that item for a charitable contribution.
American Heirloom Appraisers L.L.C. understands the different types of values, assigned uses, and market levels. They will work with you to choose the proper type of value so that you can use the appraisal correctly and effectively. All American Heirloom L.L.C. (AHA) appraisals are written to the highest standards in the industry in accordance with the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP). USPAP guildelines are monitored by the Appraisal Foundation which is sanctioned by the U.S. Congress as the source of appraisal standards and appraiser qualifications.
An appraisal is a three step process:
1). On-site initial examination involves assessing and recording conditions, measurements, brief descriptions, and taking digital photographs of each item to be appraised.
2). Off-site time is spent researching each item utilizing our expansive library, internet websites, and subscription-based internet databases. Off-site time includes researching and identifying maker marks and manufacturing labels. Off-site time may also include consulting other experts or locating comparable items for sale at local shops. Descriptions are finalized and research is conducted to assign appropriate values to the items appraised. For each hour spent on-site, off-site research and report writing can take another four or more hours, depending upon the amount items and research necessary to complete the appraisal report.
3). The report consists of two copies of the completed appraisal, one given to our client and one kept for our files. Included in the report is a cover letter detailing the approach taken, USPAP certification, itemization and values of the appraised items, as well as definitions. The last page is a summary of our qualifications. Our copy is kept in a secure file located at American Heirloom Appraisers, L.L.C. (AHA) for a period of five years, or two years after the final disposition of litigation (if applicable), whichever is later, as required by the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP). *The completed appraisal is available in approximately 10 to 15 business days after the initial examination.
Why do you need a professional appraiser?
Residential Downsizing Consultation
More often these days, people are downsizing and want to know how to sell valuable items, but do not know how or where to liquidate them or what they are worth. During the consultation, personal recommendations are made for the best venue to sell each item or group of items. This information and guidance comes from Dwight and Christy’s many years of experience helping other clients.
Estate Sale Consultation
Even experienced estate sale organizers may not always recognize the importance or significance of some of the items they are pricing. American Heirloom Appraisers can perform a “double check” through examining your items and identifying those which may be of higher caliber or more saleable than originally considered. In addition, American Heirloom Appraisers L.L.C. can help you with estates, collections, or prepare for tag sales.
Our fees are based on a competetive hourly rate:
Payment for on-site time is due upon completion of the inspection. Remaining fees are due before delivery of the completed appraisal report. Fees for verbal approximations of value and consulatations are due upon completion of the inspection.
- $35.00 for walk-in verbal approximation of value
- One hour minimum charge for on-site inspection.
- One hour minimum charge for on-site Verbal Approximations of Value services and consultation services.
- Travel time charges apply for travel outside central Tucson
10am to 5pm
Tuesday – Saturday
American Heirloom Appraisers
3130 E. Grant Rd, Tucson AZ 85716
American Heirloom Appraisers L.L.C. © 1990 – 2020 Schannep Ventures L.L.C. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED